Custom Search

Monday, July 18, 2011

Peanut Butter and Fruit Sandwich

As you may know, one of my favorite snacks is the grilled vegetable sandwich. Another sandwich I enjoy is the grilled fruit sandwich. This sandwich was born out of necessity when I had my three foster/adoptive kids and the 4-year-old was not yet in school. He constantly wanted to eat and I was having quite the challenge coming up with healthful snacks to give him throughout the day. As a result, I came up with this alternative to the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.


  •  Two slices of your favorite whole grain bread
  • Natural peanut butter (spread on bread slices)
  • Bananas sliced thinly lengthwise
  • Apple sliced in thin wedges
  • Raisins or berries (strawberries being the more common berry I use)

Assemble sandwich.
Grill.
Cut.
Enjoy! 

I used to make this for my 4-year-old Alex. Now, I make it for my 3-year-old Adhis.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Whoa.

Kat said...

That actually sounds really good. :) I might just have to try it.