Custom Search

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Itty Bitty Photo Contest

Time again for the city photo contest!

This year's theme is "Itty Bitty Lehi City" in which amateur photographers are invited to submit close-ups of anything or anyone and taken within the city limits. With my personal finance class starting today and an audition on Saturday (and a bunch of other stuff in between), I hadn't planned on submitting anything this year. Lo and behold, I woke up yesterday and decided to do it.

Before you let last year's submissions and one of the photos below lead you to think me a cowgirl (Not that there's anything wrong with being a cowgirl; I'm just not one.), know that I live in a city that not long ago was a town of farms and rodeos, so that is the culture I've typically caught on camera.


My first entry is a close-up of a small bronze statue situated in front of the police department.

Lehi Courage


My second entry is of a little fellow I fell in love with one morning when I was jogging through the neighborhood (when I used to do such a thing).

Sunny Morning Walk


Both of these are taken with a point-and-shoot.

There. Another year done.

On to practice my lines...


2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the sun rays in the first one and that little snail makes me want to pick it up. (I don't think I really would but it looks so CUTE.) Great photos - good luck!

I have two photographer friends that are doing a blog where there's a theme for the week and they post pictures and critique each other. Let me know if you're interested. I'm loving it. There are only five of us right now. =o) Three are somewhate experienced, the other two of us are wannabe's.

Kat said...

Ok, I totally love the pic of the snail. It is totally cute. :) Good luck!