Custom Search

Friday, April 23, 2010

I Think I Just Shot Myself in the Hair Follicle

See that pregnancy countdown on the right side of the page? Yep. Still pregnant.

(tapping fingers on desk)

Sooooo... what's up?

Hm.

Isn't it weird that we can go a week without shaving for our husbands, but we don't dare NOT shave for our gynecologists?

At my last prenatal exam, my OB declared me "just fine" (that's a medical term) and before leaving the room, he asked, "Any questions for me?"

"Yes, " I said. "What ratio of women who come in for exams shave their legs versus not?"

"Uh..." he stammered. He walked to the door and paused. "Um-- haven't thought about it."

He stood at the door with his hand on the handle for a longer pause, staring down, thinking. "I don't pay attention. I have had women say 'I didn't shave today' and I say 'I didn't notice.'"

He was about to open the door to leave and then he piped up with, "Here. Say this: We're too busy to notice. Tell them that."

OK, so maybe his statement was true BEFORE I asked my question, but don't you think that it will pop in his mind now every so often since I asked?

Yeah.

I gotta shave my legs before I see him next.

3 comments:

We live in a Zoo! said...

Lol! You mean all this time I've been shaving and my "he" hasn't even NOTICED!!!

Kat said...

Seriously, my water broke with Caden and I told Bill he had to pack the overnight bag while I got in the shower to shave before we went to the hospital. LOL

Abby said...

I'm sure he noticed when he first started doctoring, too. They have to. They're guys being faced with nekkid women. They're gonna notice that kind of thing.

Also, I've never had a male OB. Ew, weird.