Custom Search

Monday, March 29, 2010

Taking It Slow

Two turtles go camping and pack a cooler with sandwiches and soda. After three days of walking, they arrive at a great spot but realize they've forgotten a bottle opener. The first turtle turns to the second and says, "You've gotta go back and get the opener or else we have no drinks."

"No way," says the second. "By the time I get back, you will have eaten all the food."

"I promise I won't," says the turtle. "Just hurry!"


Nine full days pass, and there's still no sign of the second turtle. Exasperated and starving, the first turtle digs into the sandwiches. Suddenly, the second turtle pops out from behind a rock and yells, "I knew it! I'm not going!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Whew! About 3 weeks left in this pregnancy and, man, oh man, am I heavy! I've gained so far 42 pounds, 12 more pounds than the total of my last pregnancy. I am having trouble a-walking. A trip to the grocery store is a day at the grocery store.

I realized I was getting out of breath more often than I thought when my daughter started copying my exhausted exhale.
"Fffffff..." I blow out.
"ffffff..." she blows out.

When I carry her up the stairs to her room for naptime, I have to sit with her on the rocking chair for about 5 minutes so I can catch my breath enough to sing to her "time for a nap..." as I lay her down.

Sometimes I pause halfway up the stairs, which she finds amusing.
"What are we doing here, silly?" she seems to grin at me.

I've finally accepted that there are only about 3 hours in the day for me to get anything done. My to-do list each day comprises of two, maybe three, really important things. Some days, I only get one done. And it's ok.

Businesses and classes I wanted to get done in three months have been replanned. I am giving myself one year to get contacts made, licenses attained, and scheduling set. This is a HUGE step for me in the department of patience.

As the snail said when riding on the turtle's back:

Weeeee!


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

A man hears a knock on the door and opens it to find a turtle on his doorstep. The man picks up the turtle and throws it as far as he can. Two years later, the man hears a knock on the door and opens it up. The same turtle looks up at him and says, "What was THAT all about??"


[Posted song: "Slow Ride" by Foghat]

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm soooo proud of you for trying to be patient. Hang in there!

I'm curious about your 3 hours to get stuff done. To me that sounds like a LOT of time. =o) But maybe our definitions of free time are different.

It seems to me that you have 25 days to teach Baby to go up the stairs by herself. That's just not going to work. =o)

Adhis said...

Oh! I should mention that I spent one day with her on the stairs and she started climbing right then! (Much to our pride and chagrin.)

Then, Dave spent one day showing her how to go scoot down the stairs, and she got that right away, too.

It seems she was just waiting on us.

Kristen said...

Yeah, way to go! That should make things a little more manageable. Maybe she's ready for a bicycle.

任安任安 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Englishfam said...

I feel your pain Adhis, I really do! Hang in there.