Custom Search

Friday, February 12, 2010

I love: My Husband's Endless Support

( This is my last installment of posting briefly on things I love in celebration of Valentines' week. Tomorrow, you won't have to read my blog. Go, and do something special with people you love!)


I have always said David is God's love incarnate just for me. David is the perfect mortal to love me. He supports me in everything, I mean EVERYTHING, I have wanted to do.

He has supported me through 3 businesses, through a million brainstormed ideas, through a short college career, through countless service projects, through hobbies, through weird party themes, through heartaches, through hormonal certifiably-crazy moods, through hyper over-enthusiastic moods, through plans and through impulses, through home improvement projects, through let's-move-this-heavy-thing-from-here-to-there-and-then-maybe-back-again, through ideas and projects that cost nothing, through ideas and projects that cost thousands, and even through ideas that he disagrees with or ideas he doesn't understand.


He encourages me to do things I like and encourages me to try new things when I get in my own way. He is patient with me through my learning curves. He carries me spiritually, emotionally, and, at times, physically.

"I think you'd be wonderful at that."
"Yes, I'll help you with..."
"Of course, you can go _____, don't worry about a thing."
"How much does it cost?? OK, I trust you."
"Alriiiight, if you really want to."
"I support you, honey."
"You want me to dress up as what?? (sigh) Sure."
"I am so proud of you."
"You're amazing!"
"Look how far you've come!"
"You want to do what?? OK, honey."
"Sure, I'll move my schedule around for that."
"Look, what I did/brought for you!"

David let's me be gung-ho about things without guilt. He is my catapult, my platform, my diving board.

He's awesome. He's David.


[Posted song: "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler]
[Yes, as cheesy as that sounds, the lyrics are truly applicable to my best friend.]

7 comments:

Utah_Dave said...

I love you, baby! You're worth it! Thanks for the kind words.

Kristen said...

A breath of fresh air. Thank you for being so good to each other. It does go both ways. Happy Valentine's Day!

Marie said...

Now that was inspiring.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love this post. I think Dave is pretty great too. You guys make an awesome couple!!

islandgirl said...

Adhis, that picture wins the picture of the year, how cool was that, and perfect for this blog post too!

(Gra)Ma Adhis said...

I love the picture of David with his shades....It sure makes him look the greatest in the WORLD.

Momnerd said...

I love that picture of you in his sunglasses! Amazing!