Custom Search

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hush Money

Me thinks that when the dentist's office makes an appointment for my daughter at 8:30am, it should occur no later than 8:45am, and certainly not at 9:45am.


I was about to put on my coat, pick up my daughter, and storm out of the office when one of the techs came in and gave me a gift card for ColdStone.
Argh- the dilemma!





I mean, I was still angry about the wait, but I couldn't storm out anymore.

They gave me ice cream!




I wanted to go home.

But they gave me ice cream!





I can't leave when someone gives me ice cream.
For goodness' sake... ice cream!

That stuff is like kryptonite to my indignation.





The dentist sure knows how to keep a woman coming back.



9 comments:

Jackie said...

That's awesome! I need to know who your dentist is!

Wendy said...

I can see your dilemma. Cold Stone, even. Geez.

sharibug said...

Cool, but that is a hard act to follow. How do you refuse and how do you still remain indignant for the wasted time he made you spend? Yes by giving you free ice cream. What a devil he is.

Kristen said...

You didn't get OFFENDED that they just ASSUMED that they could appease a PREGNANT lady with ICE CREAM?!?!?!?

Yeah, I love your dentist too.

I will be mentioning this to my dentist or doctor the next time I have to wait.

Chef James said...

Of course he did, he probably mentioned to throw in as many sugary mix ins as possible then don't brush your teeth. Ice cream = root canals.

Heather said...

man, that early of an appointment and already running that late ugh! I sure hope it at least bought you a whole ice cream!

Heather said...

man, that early of an appointment and already running that late ugh! I sure hope it at least bought you a whole ice cream!

Momnerd said...

LOL, WOW! I've waited much longer with no yummy spoils to show for it. So jealous.

Kat said...

Man, you have a great dentist. :) He knows how to get you coming back. "Give them ice cream and they will come...."