Custom Search

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bell Peppers

The other day I was thinking about the end of the growing season and how I did not get any bell peppers from my thirsty garden this year. (What? Water? Why would it want that?) And I thought about how I better soon find a good deal on bell peppers to store for the rest of the year. Suddenly, all I could see in my mind was red bell peppers.


I could feel them and even taste them. It was a very rich mental image.

The next day, this happened:


I kid you not; that's my kitchen sink. Those are 33 red bell peppers I acquired for free. Thirty of them are currently enjoying a nice hibernation in my freezer.

(I don't know the exact mechanics of how this type of thing works, but it happens to me a lot. I wrote about a similar instance here. If anyone out there experiences stuff like this, send me an email and tell me how it works for you.)

I love red bell peppers, and they, apparently love me. Lookie what I found as I was coring the bell peppers.


Awwww...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It was pregnant!

I have things like that happen. Not exactly like that but in a way I can't explain. More like deja vu. Plus I also have dreams with weird stuff in them and then later those little pieces happen. Not enough of the story to see it coming, but sometimes I can remember the specifics of the dream that they fit into. I'm definitely seeing it ahead of time but I can't possibly predict anything because it only correlates afterward. My mom believes that we have deja vu as a sign that we are on the right path. We're doing things the way we mapped out before we came here. It actually kinda freaks me out. I will recognize a situation and think "Wait! Is this significant? Am I supposed to be doing something? Is somebody hurt? Is there going to be an earthquake? If I saw this in a dream, was it to prepare me for right now, because I don't know what I'm supposed to do!" I panic. I watch carefully, looking for something familiar. And then I take a deep breath and tell myself that I'm crazy. =o) Deja vu comes and goes in an instant. I think my mom's right and I need to relax.

But... that's cool! Peppers, yummy. Do you have a secret for not making your whole freezer smell like peppers?