Custom Search

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Restful 2010

"He who cannot rest, cannot work;
he who cannot let go, cannot hold on..."

Harry Emerson Fosdick

It was GO-GO-GO time in 2009!
Mommying, running a business, and taking in the sudden crash of everything when my parents announced their separation and we "children" were caught in the middle.

I'm going Zen for 2010. Well, mostly, just making rest a priority.
(I have some physical and financial goals that I'll cover later, but rest comes first.)

I need not sleep the year through but honor moments for my body and my mind to be rejuvenated. Rest makes me more susceptible to inspiration and my work more effective. (Nothing is less rewarding than being so tired that all I can manage is mindless surfing on the internet.)

So, here are my rest baby steps this year:
  • Sit alone with no radio, no book, no internet once a day.
  • Be out of the office by 8pm.
  • Read to my daughter once a day.
  • Nap at least once during the day, even if only for 15 minutes.

How will you rest in 2010?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen.

Kat said...

I like those. :) I still haven't gotten a chance to think about my goals for this new year. I still have a couple of hours to go though. LOL Maybe it will just be to survive? :)

Jackie said...

I don't plan on once getting out of bed in 2010. I'm resting for the entire year. It'll be neat to see how kids will have changed. See ya in 2011.

Amannda Ashby said...

My biggest challenge is being still. I like to go go go. So, I think I should really set a goal to be still for five minutes a day. That may not seam long to some, but it is a good start for me. Ok, so I have know written it down, told some else. Lets just see if I can actually follow through!

Sheree said...

That is a great goal. I love naps. I read to Simone before her naps, then lay down with her in her teensy bed and sleep for about 20 minutes before getting on with the day. It is good for both of us and I always feel refreshed.

(Gra)Ma Adhis said...

Sleep,eat and be merry....and sleeeep.