Custom Search

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Conductor

Trying to get my husband to dress up for Halloween can be frustrating for a costume-loving woman like me. David typically puts on a cape over his regular clothes and calls himself "Cape Man". He's conservative. He likes capes. This is "perfect" in Dave's mind.

So, when Summer called my home asking if David would be the conductor for our church's Polar Express theme party, I volunteered him.

Well...


David surprised me and totally rocked it! You should have seen the kids skip away all giddy having had their tickets punched. David spoke lines from the "Polar Express" movie and often checked his pocketwatch. He softened his voice for the little passengers and deepened it for the older ones.

Here, he is telling an older kid who didn't have a ticket, "You know what happens if you don't have a ticket. All kids who don't have a ticket must go to the front and shovel coal to pay their way to the North Pole!"





video

All the kids and the adults loved The Conductor, but there was one little Who who loved him the most...

(Blasted camera! I kept missing photos of all the kisses she was giving him.)

Oh, yeah, and some other dude showed up, but the little Who didn't seem much impressed by him.


Her heart belonged to The Conductor.



P.S.
I just HAD to share this photo of one of Baby Dhis' friend. Lucy didn't seem to care for the fellow in red either...

Loved that Lucy's mom, instead of trying to calm her, was yelling, "Quick! Somebody take a picture! Take a picture of that!" (Credit goes to Stephanie W. for capturing the moment.)

7 comments:

Marcella said...

Adhis I love this post! Your husband was a wonderful conductor and the pics of baby Adhis and him were perfect. So cute. As for my little angel, well I guess we were capturing the moment huh! :)

Kristen said...

What great footage, considering I wasn't there but felt like I was. The little Who is a cutie!

How did he know lines from the movie if you don't have a TV?

Heidi said...

Kristen, did you notice that it was MY children that were the naughty ones without tickets? I totally forgot about it.

Sheree said...

Such a cute party! Great idea. And I think Dave is perfect for the conductor.

Jackie said...

So awesome!! What a great party!!

Heather said...

how fun, we seem to miss all the fun, i really just forgot about it! Looked great, maybe just maybe we can get him to put it on again! and dont worry i didnt feel threatened at all on your post, ok maybe a little. I will drop some off later, if i can remember.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.