Now, that you have that picturesque info...
I've been going through weird cravings this pregnancy. With Baby Dhis, I randomly craved gummy worms, ice cream, and Doritos. This time around... ooh, boy.
Recently, I was texting my husband while he was at work. I was going through another craving and NEEDED him to leave work NOW and come home WITH FOOD. But I did not know what I wanted. David kept asking and this was finally my reply:
I want the burritos my parents bought at Sam's Club when I was in high school.
See, now, is that so hard? I just wanted him to get into a time machine that takes him to Florida 15 years ago and get a warehouse club membership.
It was a while before he responded with:
The guys at work got a kick out of that comment!
Laugh it up, guys. Laugh it up.
This is what I finally "settled" for:
- One small cheeseburger from McDonald's.
- From Taco Bell, tacos ("some crunchy, some soft") and tater tots.
- From the grocery store, frozen burritos, veggie burgers, whole-grain bread and Drumstick ice cream cones.
Knowing my abhorrence for fast food joints, David was quiet on the phone, then asked, "Is this Adhis?"
He arrived home, exhausted from his many stops on the way home. Wouldn't you know it??? The burritos Dave "just grabbed" at the store were THE SAME ONES from Florida/high school/15 years ago! Different packaging, same manufacturer, same burritos! WAHOOOO!
When I need him, my husband really comes through, even through time.
Here are some other signs that I'm pregnant:
- I feel nauseous.
- I am thinking of crackers.
- I am eating crackers.
- I am sick of crackers.
- I am bloated from too many crackers.
- I've gained 10 pounds in two weeks.
- I've lost much of my vanity.
- I am tired.
- I am sleeping in a nest of pillows (although I never stopped this since the last pregnancy, much to David's chagrin.)
- I am about to take a nap.
- I just woke from a nap.
- I'm dreaming about a nap.
- My bed is full of cracker crumbs.
- Judge Alex is in my dreams, and he loves me dearly, but he's afraid of marriage.
- I want food.
- I want Doritos.
- I want ice cream.
- Maybe not.
- The thought of eating nauseates me.
- The thought of making a meal exhausts me.
- The dishes are piled in the sink.
- The clean clothes are piled in the laundry room.
- The dirty clothes are piled on the closet floor.
- The towels are piled in the bathroom.
- The baby's toys are piled in my office.
- I don't want to wear clothes.
- Clothes suck.
- I want to go outside without having to actually go outside.
- I am having flashbacks from my last labor.
- I want a doula-midwife who's a doctor that will deliver me in an exact replica of my bedroom at the hospital.
There are a few more, but I think now you know I'm pregnant.
Oh, and there's this: