Custom Search

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

P is for Sleep

At least, that's what I'm doing instead of sleeping through the night. Three or 4 times a night, nature's beckoning interrupts sweet, sweet sleep.

Pregnancy symptoms I didn't have until month 5 or 6 last time are here at month two. Swelling legs. Peeing at night. Bloating. Insomnia. Rapid weight gain. Waddling.

What's going on? Is it my age? Is it my declined fitness level? Is it twins?

Do you know how awkward it is when people find out I'm only 2 months along?

"Hey, Adhis! What's up?"

I'm pregnant.


"I knew it! Your butt has been getting bigger!"

I'm only two months along.


"I mean big as in bootylicious. Like J-Lo. ...(pause) ... You're looking good. ... (longer pause) ... I gotta go."

What's going on with my body? I'm too tired and blagh to look up pregnancy stuff this time around. Just tell me, ladies.

I don't think I can do this again. What's going to happen to me if I get pregnant a third time?

9 comments:

Marcella said...

You look great! Second time round is harder. For baby three I am planning on just wearing a diaper. You can try that...let me know how it goes! At least you don't have to get out of bed! :)

Amannda Ashby said...

Well, all I have to say is that I am done with three! Some women love being pregnant and then there are the rest of us. Hang in there, it dose come to an end. Every pregnancy is different. Not just from women to women but from baby to baby. Who knows maybe baby number five for you will be a peice of cake!

Adhis said...

Amannda, baby number five??

If I wasn't too weak to slap you...

Kristen said...

Hey that picture looks just like me six months ago!

I think it all increases exponentially with each one. Including the ability to deal with it. I also had a new weird thing with each one. It's quite the adventure!

Five down, and I'm not ready to be done. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. I get huger every time but it makes me feel that much better when I get back to PPW. I'm officially there. =o)

Hang in there dear!

(Wow, another novel. Not novelTY, just novel.)

Sunni said...

I seem to get chubbier, and achier with each one too. Don't have any good advice for you, I'm pretty annoyed with my current state as it is. I took a sip of water today and got some crazy heartburn. Ah, so fun. At least we get a cute kid out of it right?

Jackie said...

You work that bootylicious booty girl!!

Cue up,"Baby got back"

Nathalie Smith said...

"I like big butts and I cannot lye, you other brothers can't deny..."

Yep, every pregnancy is different, just be greatful you can make cute babies, because in the end you will have a cute munchkin and a good story to tell them.

Kat said...

I understand the swelling bit. My ankles were the size of my thighs with every pregnancy. Which is why I wore tennis shoes to church every week. LOL :) And I think you look absolutely beautiful.

Jon and Aim said...

I'm going through the same weirdness. I am huge this time already! When I was prego the first time, women would come up to me and ask me if I was going through this and that. I would say no, I just feel like throwing up all the time. This time, I now am very aware of all (and I mean all) the other symptoms! Ugh.