Custom Search

Friday, July 3, 2009

Water Challenge- Day 6

Did you hear about the cat who drank 5 bowls of water?
He set a new lap record.

It's Day 6, do you feel like you have improved from Day 1?

Yesterday, I got at least 8 cups in, but felt like I still needed more. No worries, I'm working on reaching the minimum goal of 8.

Did you know?
  • Water plays an important part in the digestion of food. Saliva begins the process, and water continues the job with the breakdown of nutrients. These nutrients require water to carry them to cells.
  • The water in our bodies supports the conduction of electrical charges that maintain the rhythm of the heart.
  • The discs in the spine are a hydraulic support system to support the weight of the upper body, and lack of hydration adds up to increased likelihood of serious back problems.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

Treat your body to the water it needs to LOOK and FEEL good.

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

Sorry Adhis, the British must have started to rub off on me. :) I just have a HUGE arrowhead bottle (I also just refill it) that says 3 liters on it. That is equal to 98 ounces or 12 cups. Pretty awesome I know. What has gotten into me??

Kristen said...

Thanks for the fun facts about water. (Not the cat part.) Our bodies love water!

Drinking more water also seems to increase mothers' milk production. Baby says thank you very much.

sarahandtim said...

love these little facts about water - nice!