Custom Search

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Water Challenge- Day 4

Day 4, everyone!

Swimming is a confusing sport.
Because sometimes you do it for fun, and other times you do it to not die.
Demetri Martin

I'm actually surprised I stunk it up yesterday. 6 cups.

Ok, I'm going to kick it up a notch.

I hereby announce that I will pay $1 to each person who commented on Days 1, 2, and/or 3 for each of the remaining days that I do not drink 8 cups of water. Of course, I will be honest.

So here are some tips that worked for me in the past when I was AWESOME at hydration:
  • Drink 2 cups of water as soon as you wake.
  • Drink 2 cups after working out (if you work out in the morning) or an hour after breakfast. This should have you halfway through your water before noon.
  • Don't carry a water bottle around to "sip the whole day long." When you remember to drink water, get 6 to 8 good chug-a-lugs in! (That measures to about a cup of water for me.)
  • At 3 or 4pm when you start craving "a little snack" before your husband gets home, chug a cup or two in. Wait 10 minutes then decide if you want to still snack.
Remember,
TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

Go at it with the enthusiasm it deserves!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Demetri Martin again! You are my new favorite person -especially since you might give me money. Hot dog!

Nathalie Smith said...

Sweet I'm in the running! So yesterday I did 74 oz!!! Go me! I even was drinking in my sleep! Ok today is a new day for all of us, here we go!