Custom Search

Monday, June 29, 2009

Water Challenge- Day 2

How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet, the river flows on.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

How did yesterday go? How is today going?

For those of you just tuning in, we're on Day 2 of the Water Challenge: Drink a at least 8 cups of water a day for 8 days. Jump on in today!

A few benefits of proper hydration:
  • increased energy
  • softer skin
  • more exercise (from extra trips to the bathroom)
  • less headaches
  • lower excess fat levels (water is key to metabolism)
  • less constipation (the more regular you are, the less crap there is with you when you step on the scale, got it?)

As for me, I... totally... ROCKED... at not getting my 8 cups. I forgot to take water to my sister's B-B-Q yesterday. I was so full of chicken and ice cream when I got home that when I tried drinking water, my stomach felt like it would explode.

My total for the day: 4 cups.
(Way to set the pace, Adhis.)

Here's the good news:

TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

Your turn: Report in the comments how you did on Sunday and then recommit to getting your 8 today.

It's Day 2...

Ready, set, GULP!

9 comments:

Lyns said...

I'm pretty sure I got about 5 cups. Hmmmm . . . didn't do so hot on my first day. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the week. But hey, there's always a positive. I did do better than you! :)

Aubrey said...

HA! I beat you all!!! I'm positive I got 8 cups!!! OF Diet Dr. Pepper!! I sucked it up yesterday...

Sarah said...

Not sure how I did yesterday -I started in the afternoon. I've got my water bottle right here though! I'm gonna get those 8 cups in!

Nathalie Smith said...

Sorry about the no water at the bbq! I wasn't in charge of the drinks, but I should of told them. I didn't do so hot on me drinking so like you said, today is a new day!

Sunni said...

Hey- I got my prize in the mail yesterday. And I just wanted to thank you for the thingys, whatever they were. I've been needing some of those for awhile now. I'll use them from time to time, for something, I'm sure of it. Thanks. You're hilarious.

Englishfam said...

I drank about 3 liters on waters yesterday and I am on my way today! Yay for me!

Adhis said...

Sunni, they are contact lenses. I guessed on your prescription. I hope I got it right.

Kristen said...

I'm still trying to translate what Heather wrote. HAHA. Totally made me forget what I was going to write. Love you, Heather!

I too was failing until I realized it in the evening. Then I did what college taught me to do - I crammed. And passed with flying colors. I slept just fine and didn't even have any extra laundry. Maybe one of the benefits of being a milk machine?

the mama hood said...

i am totally doing this!! Gotta Love water!! It's also very good on the budget! I remember my health teacher saying that carbonation makes you bloated...;) That's why I look bloated...lol! ;)