Custom Search

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I know they're around here somewhere...

It's the last week of June. Do you know where your New Year's resolutions are? Uh, yeah... those things you committed to improve in this year. Do you remember that? So, how are you doing?

I was shocked the other day to realize that HALF of the year has already passed. (Christmas will be here before you know it, so get your holiday shopping done early!) Holy schmoley, time flies! Why, just yesterday, I was rocking my Guns N' Roses t-shirt and black bandana.

"Guns and what?"

They were cool back in the day. TRUST ME.

"Whatever, old lady."

Sigh...

Statistics show that only between 3- 15% of resolutions are actually kept. Is that true? That seems low to me.

Who are they asking? What are their resolutions? Is this counting the people who made their resolutions after having just a little too much bubbly before the ball dropped? ("Man, thess yearrr, I resolvate... resolutivate ... make a goal... (hick) to become a roosterrr. 2009 ROOOOOOOCKS!")

According to the things I blogged about doing this year, I'm doing well. I'll tell you what though, it has not been easy and there have been times where I felt like throwing in the resolute towel!

It has been hard for me to not interrupt someone's train of thought to state what I'm thinking! I'm becoming better about it, but some of you people I see in person need to give me a breather and pause to ask me what I think sometime or my head will explode and that will just get hair everywhere.

Embracing imperfection has been the most liberating as far as pay-off goes. It's nice to reach the end of the day and think, "I did dandy." There is still room for improvement in that area, and I commit to working at it 'til I have it down perfectly!

The most challenging has been focusing on the attributes that I like about other people. Not because I hate people and their peopleness! I just tend to think about (a) solutions to people's problems instead of where they're hot already and (b) me, me, me! (Yeah, I know. That's why I'm working on this.)

Speak up! What resolutions have you kept up with and which have you dropped?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Goal #1 Open my own business -done! Whooo hooo!!
#2 Being able to run 3 miles without stopping to walk, or collapsing or anything -ummmm... not so much. I know some of you reading this will be like, "3 miles? I can do that in my sleep!" Well for your information I HATE running. Probably because I suck at it. Or vice versa. Anyway, it's a hard one for me. So no making fun.
#3 Do two 100 white flour/white sugar-less days. -Halfway there! I completed one 100 days and am into my second. Hot dog!

Kristen said...

Mine took a vacation for two months with the new baby but they're up and running again - including the ones from the two previous years! Yessss!

2007 - Journal 1-2 times per week
2008 - Daily and weekly cleaning schedule
2009 - Read church lessons in manual before class each week(RS and SS)

I'm pretty sure I didn't make that last one while I was drunk. Maybe though.

Englishfam said...

Get more organized-still working on that but have managed to get the junk drawer and cabinet, the boys closets, and nightstand done. Now for the basement...
I was also supposed to run a marathon which I got halfway through the training and injured my knee. Bummer. Maybe after I have another baby, we'll see.
I still need to paint my bedroom which I intend on doing before summer is over.
Not too shabby! Also thanks for the M.J. picture. It seriously made my day so much better. You are so awesome Adhis!! :)

Sunni said...

I'm actually doing prettey good with my goals. I'm almost there with becoming a rooster.

Jackie (updated profile) said...

I made a goal to read more, and I have.
I dropped the learning to swing dance thing though.

Joyful Mother of Children said...

I'm doing AWESOME with my goals! YES!!! Well, this is the first year I've never actually made New Year's resolutions! HA! So sue me...

I just hate getting to the end of June and knowing I've failed miserably at keeping them. Do I regret not making them? Absolutely not!

I did, however, make some LIFE goals for myself sometime after the new year that have been up and down. Such as the roller coaster of life!