Custom Search

Friday, May 1, 2009

Tip-toe through the tulips

Today, we walked through The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point in the cloudy drizzle of the day.

David and I are always amazed at the beauty that a grateful heart can create. I am in awe that there is inspiration all around, even on a wet, grey day.


In The Secret Garden, I ran into a friend from my previous neighborhood. Julie has gone through a lot since her last pregnancy (to say the least) and has changed a lot in appearance. She has maybe a few weeks left on this earth. (Recent story here.) She wanted a photo of her by the beautiful tulips. I am so glad I had my camera with me.


I promised Julie I'd email the photos. As I was walking out of The Secret Garden, I needed an excuse to hide my wet eyes behind the camera, so I stopped at the door and took a photo of the knob.

Baby Dhis was intrigued by the vibrant colors of the land, but as we approached her bedtime, she was "less enthralled" and "more ticked off."

I confess that even when she cries, I smile. I enjoy having her in my life. I am grateful for my very loving husband. I am comforted by a very loving God who showers me with tulips every year.

8 comments:

chelon:) said...

wow...my heart goes out to your friend and her family. thanksgiving point is what i call a piece of heaven here on earth. i think it is just so beautiful. i miss it! great pictures too :)

Kat said...

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers too. :) I love driving by Thanksgiving Point and seeing them all in a row. If you ever get to Michigan in the springtime, go visit Holland. They have a tulip festival every year that is amazing. Picture tulip fields without end. Truly a paradise on earth.

Kristen said...

So beautiful, in many ways.

We did the walk with you a few years ago! I have photos to prove it. Baby Dhis didn't fuss much then.

(Gra)Ma Adhis said...

How beautiful... it is to enjoy it all, and share it with friends.

Jackie (updated profile) said...

I;m glad I'm not the only one who smiles when my baby cries. They are so cute no matter what they do.

islandgirl said...

There couldn't have been a better place at Thanksgiving Point than to meet here there! Did David tell you we knew them too when we lived in Sharon Park 8th ward, I believe it was for us!

Sara Lynes said...

I visited Julie a little over a week ago and Eric and I are going to see her tomorrow too. They are preparing the kids the best they can. It is hard to see her (and the family) going through this. I think that she appreciates acting normal and she still really likes chocolate. I am taking her Pringles and plain M&M's.

Helen said...

I'm so glad I read this post. The flowers are so beautiful but not as beautiful as your friend that you wrote about. That really touched my heart. Thanks for writing about your experience!