Custom Search

Friday, April 10, 2009

Chatty Walls

A few months ago, I decided I wanted a declaration posted in my house that our family has faith in God and His abundance. Every so often, when I would sit in the living room playing with my baby or chatting with my husband, I'd imagine the words "peace and plenty here abide" written over my archway. I was too preoccupied with other things to consider where I'd start the process of that vinyl order, but I knew I'd have the phrase up there. About a week ago, I entered a giveaway (which is unusual for me) at the domestic goddess blog at the suggestion of a friend's blog. And I won!

As a prize, Chelon, of Chatty Walls, sent me this vinyl quote for my arch. I was so excited and still am absolutely amazed that the idea in my head materialized!


Isn't it amazing what faith can manifest? This kind of thing happens often to me, but I am still in awe every. single. time.

Bonus: I also got a second quote to put on the kitchen-side of the arch.


(I admit that as I was putting up the letters, I was tempted to leave off "as friends" for a few days as a joke.)

Thanks, Chelon! Thanks, Chatty Walls!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

heh. you can always cover it up when people come by that you don't like.

Erin said...

I love quotes and the great work Chelon does. I think I'm going with Faith in God is also having faith in His timing (or something like that).
In my classroom Chelon did "As far as I'm concerned you're terrific." Charlotte's Web
I want to see yours in person!

chelon:) said...

it really turned out beautifully!

it is nice when you have something in mind and it turns out exactly as you want it! what a beautiful addition to a really nice yellow colored arch!! (btw, i love that color...what is it?)

happy Easter!

TheOrttFamily said...

I love the color in your house..had to paint over my yellow...I might just have to pop by and sneak a peak..Love it!!

islandgirl said...

Nice! I want some chatty walls, but haven't come up with what my "phrase" is. Any suggestions?

Also, love the new photo in your header, you do look GREAT!

Adhis said...

Chelon:
The kitchen side is something by Martha Stewart; the living room side is something by Behr. I have the colors in the garage, but the garage is ALL THE WAY downstairs.

Clarice:
How about "Tahitians do it better!"
No?
There's gotta be a phrase in one of those millions of books you've read!

Jackie (updated profile) said...

I actually may just get " May all who enter as guests, leave." Hilarious.

Kat said...

I love the sayings that you used. It looks fabulous!

Katy said...

I entered the giveaway, too, so I am very jealous. Hmph!

;-)

It's beautiful! I have a very similar arch in my home that I have always hoped to put President Hinkley's "be's" over. I am going to have to get with Chelon about that one of these days and actually do it. You have inspired me!

Your home is so beautiful, Adhis!

Kristen said...

Thanks to you, I burst out laughing during a church meeting. Ben thought I'd lost it. (I had.) It was the "guests, leave" part.

I'm so irreverent.

Utah_Dave said...

You were surfing the internet during church!!! Kristen!!

:) j/k

Anderegg & Co. said...

I love it! I need to do more of that in my home!