Custom Search

Friday, November 14, 2008

Treats and Karaoke

Thanks, Aubrey 1 for organizing a treat exchange!

Apples and caramel, lemony thingies, some yummy jammy concoction, cheesecake and fruit, cookies, breads, hot cocoa, and the sucrose didn't stop there.


Got together with some ladies in the 'hood to partake in sugary delights. I learned something. Treats, cabin fever, and karaoke don't mix.

video


Aubrey 2 is no stranger to the long hard nights of a rocker. She showed us how to do it. Feel the passion!

I learned something else that night. Half of the women in the room had some singing background.


They, in turn, learned an unfortunate thing.
I do not have any singing background.

Martha sang her little arm off! (I wish I knew how to edit the video with her flailing arm. Alas, you'll have to settle for a snapshot of that video.)



Friends don't let friends karaoke. But if they do, they get it on video.
There may have been a little something extra in the treats.

video

I wanna rock 'n' roll all night!
Or until 8:30.
I get tired.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the recipe to Poor Man's Turtles I brought (pictured on the right).

POOR MAN'S TURTLES
(got this recipe from Kat)

Use an equal number of each of the following:
Rolo Candy
Tiny Pretzel Twists
Pecan halves

Place pretzels on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.
Place 1 Rolo Candy on top of each pretzel.
Microwave for a few seconds until Rolo Candy is softened.
Gently press one pecan half onto each treat.
OR
You can bake at 325°F for about 4 minutes or until chocolate gets shiny.
Remove from oven and gently press one pecan half onto each treat.
Cool for 10 minutes; place sheet in refrigerator to set.

7 comments:

Joyful Mother of Children said...

Well what do you expect? I WAS singing the Bohemian Rhapsody! I'm soooooo glad you didn't put video of me on here! You know, one thing I really like about you is that you may not want to do something, but if you do it you give it your all and really put yourself out there! Great job! And you CAN sing by the way. When are you coming to choir?

Heidi said...

Looks like so much fun. I think i win the dork of the week award. I thought it was Wednesday night, and I had plans for Wednesday. I drove past last night and thought, "Was it tonight? I'm so dumb!" ...or maybe Aubrey sent me a DIFFERENT invitation.

Joyful Mother of Children said...

Well Heidi, I'm pretty sure I overheard a conversation where Aubrey said something about some people not being "cool enough...Wednesday invitation...DON'T TELL..." I don't know, you may be on to something! We did miss you. I, for one, would have LOVED to hear you karaoke!

Jennica said...

Darn you guys had fun without me! I just knew I was going to have my baby when this party was happenin'. Looks like you all had a blast!!! =)

Kristen said...

Speechless.

Amy said...

Adhis, they were wonderful, and I loved that the plate showed up partially empty. A woman after my own heart!

sarahandtim said...

Hilarious, I love it! What a fun activity :)