Custom Search

Monday, November 10, 2008

Rub-a-dub-dub, no one's been in the tub

Yesterday, I was running early for church and was feeling pretty good that I was on my way out the door with Baby Dhis and 25 minutes to spare. Right before I stepped into the garage, I checked myself in the mirror and noticed my hair was greasy, nasty with specks of white in it. I don't know why I didn't notice it in the 7 hours prior to leaving and this sudden realization was of no help since it was too late to do anything about it.

As I drove in my car, it hit me that I wasn't sure when was the last time I showered. I can't even tell you if I showered AT ALL last week! David was out of town and I was just trying to make it through the week with baby, work, and household. I tried remembering. The soonest it could have been was Thursday, but then I remembered it wasn't Thursday because I had a meeting then and then a little unexpected episode that night. Before leaving for that meeting, I vaguely remember thinking "I need to wash my hair" before I pulled it into a ponytail. So, by that day, it must have been two or three days since I showered. Ugh.

To all of you who were in near proximity to me yesterday... I'm sorry.

To those who will be in near proximity to me tonight... I showered last night.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

No problem, at least Baby Dhis will grow up with a high tolerance for smells.

Everyone else will say "It's okay, I've done that before, it's part of being a mom." I say no way. I'd go a day without food before I'd skip a shower. So that obviously makes me a bad mom. =o)

Sorry, I'll stop being a poor example to all the good moms out there. Pass the soap, please!

Marie said...

You can put your mind at ease, I bumped right into you yesterday and didn't smell a thing. :)

Helen said...

The reason you didn't have time for a shower is b/c you were too busy helping others. Thanks so much for the picture of the Savior. I have been telling Darren recently that we need a picture of the Savior in our home and the one you gave us is so perfect! You're the best.

KC said...

Tag!

chelon:) said...

i am glad that i am not the only one :) !!!!

Kimmers said...

No worries...You always look fabulous no matter what. I am sure that no one noticed at all.

Kimmers said...

Oh ya, what do you do for work now

Heidi said...

I didn't smell you either. Quite impressive for DAYS without showering!
Sorry that I am not at your house right now, my hubby is still at work, the site is not up yet. Grrrr. I still really want to join you guys, so can I stop by for a personal weigh in, or just wait for next week?

Adhis said...

Heidi--
Call Aubrey for a personal weigh-in tomorrow; she's got The Scale. Also next Monday, we'll be checking in at Christi's house (9pm).

Heather said...

You are just begging for this depression arent you? I guess its good to see how long you can go, but i'll wait until i really have to. SORRY!!

Jenn said...

So that is what the smell was when I walked out the front door.