Custom Search

Friday, November 7, 2008

Healthy Holiday Support

Halloween marks the start of the Season of Indulgence! From here on out, it seems like it's candies, treats, sweets, and feasts jump out at you from every corner. Wanna keep yourself in check?

Come to my house this Monday at 9pm (knock softly) and get on the scale. We'll check in with each other each Monday night to keep the culinary merriment in moderation. Be prepared to state aloud a goal or two for your week (anything from "drink 8 cups of water a day" to "go to bed by 10pm" to "read scriptures" to "go for a walk each day"). Choose anything to help create balance in your week.

The following week, we'll again step on the scale and then report how we did on our goals. We'll do this every week through the holiday season (and beyond for those who are extra motivated to make healthy changes).

In addition, on the first Monday of each month, we'll step on the scale AND take body measurements AND get a fat percentage reading AND pose for a couple photographs AND state a reward you will award yourself for reaching a bigger goal by the end of the month.

If you're squirmy about other people knowing your numbers, get over it. We're here to support each other, and honestly, no one cares about anyone else's numbers. They're obsessed with their own!

Now, doesn't this sound fun?

C'mon. You know it will be fun.

14 comments:

Heidi said...

Somehow, you make this sound...fun. It would be a pleasure to watch my festive fall fat numbers grow-I mean 'stay in check'. I'll be there. Anyone else, or are you CHICKEN??

Kristen said...

Does reading the scriptures really work for weight loss? I haven't heard of that one.

I've gained ten pounds in the last month. That's pretty impressive, even for a pregnant mama. Does that qualify as reaching a goal? Surely I can gain even more next month.

Maybe you don't want me in your club. =o)

TDawgYo said...

Um... do we have to be at your house? Because that would be kinda hard to do, especially on a week-to-week basis.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Can I do this virtually with you and your friends. I promise to be honest. :-) I really need a motivation right now. Please let me in!

Englishfam said...

What happened to the other group of girls doing this? Are you forming your own? I will be there! I am not thrilled for the weighing in, but I need to get serious.

Christi said...

Rogue Adhis....that's what you are.

Adhis said...

Heidi-- There will be at least three other people there who have not commented on this post.

Kristen-- Anything that helps create balance in one’s life helps deter overindulgence as an attempt to make up for the deficit or imbalance.

TDawg-- Flights from Canada can’t be all that expensive, right? It’s only expensive if use American dollars. (I believe you Canucks call them cents.)

Kelly-- I don’t doubt your honesty in the least, I don’t know just yet how to go about doing it long-distance.

Englishfam (if that is your real name)-- Same group, new open-door policy.

Christi: You betcha!

bananaberry128 said...

NICE! IF I WASNT TOO LAZY TO DRIVE 10 MIN. THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL. WHEN I FEEL GUILTY ABOUT MY GLUTENY I JUST STUFF MORE SINFUL PLEASURES.
your lil dis is too cute. good job getting out with her. dont let her rule the roost. just take a thermouse with warm water and a bottle with you (if u formula feed) and get out a little longer each time. maybe she will start to like it. i had to be pooshy for my own sanity like that with one of my kids. good luck!

Kristen said...

If Kelly gets to, I want to! I'll email you my weight and a picture on the designated days. It doesn't do much for the social aspect of it, but it sounds so FUN. Plus all of you ladies that are actually there will be able to make fun of us that sent info and aren't there to defend ourselves. Now THAT is a support group! Are we in?

TDawgYo said...

actually, it's cheaper to fly to vegas than it is to utah.

Adhis said...

TDawg: I guess I'm not surprised. Vegas is cheap on so many levels...

Adhis said...

TDawg, Kelly, and Kristen--
If you really are interested, Christi's looking into a way to participate long-distance. Maybe you can inspire her to come up with something sooner if you leave a comment on her blog post titled "Check, Check, Check" at http://cs-squared.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

It sounds like you're trying to pass us off to somebody else. That's rejection if I've ever seen it...

You could have just said no. =o)

TDawgYo said...

No kidding.... now I feel cheap. *sob*