Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I got tagged by someone who loves to read my blog.
I don't know why I ever started a blog. I think I just wanted a chance to write creatively again. I also enjoy speaking my mind, which I actually don't get to do very often without being interrupted or cut off. How else could I talk about puking vs. diarrhea, wading through postpartum blues, aching from foster parenting, and finding a housekeeper without looking like a lunatic? If I came up to you in person and started talking about biscuit cans popping, you'd politely smile before deciding that you will have to be more diligent about popping out of sight when you see me turn a corner. (Hmmm... come to think of it, I haven't seen a few of you in a while.) Here, I can say whatever I want and you can tune me out if you don't like what I'm saying (My two dollars' worth) or you can amen when you can relate to what you're reading (A Tiny Baby Rant) or you can sit through my thoughts without feeling obligated to respond. Whatever your reaction, I still get to say what I want without having to navigate the social courtesies of face-to-face interaction (like politely pausing to allow you to speak or giving up on what I'm trying to say because the topic has changed).
I received the "I love your blog" from Jenn. According to the rules, I must list seven blogs I enjoy reading. That is difficult as I really enjoy reading more than that, but I'll obey and list just seven.
1) The most I'm-named-after-the-country-I'm-from blog on the web: http://utahenglishs.blogspot.com/
2) The starchiest blog on the web: http://idahonelsons.blogspot.com/
3) The sunniest blog on the web if "sunny" was pronounced "soonie": http://joshandsunni.blogspot.com/
4) The cutest-three-girls-to-drive-a-mom-crazy blog on the net: http://heidiwakley.blogspot.com/
5) The crappiest-pair-of-pants blog on the net: http://rucrappingmypants.blogspot.com/
6) The yummiest, healthiest and easy-to-make blog on the net: http://hundredhealthydinners.blogspot.com/
7) The most uber-cool and well-traveled wedding-and-everyday-life photographer blog on the net: http://canlasphotography.blogspot.com/
Oh, yeah, so if you are on the list of seven above, feel free to post the "I (heart) your blog" graphic above on your blog. It will make you popular.