Custom Search

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quirks Tag from a Kitty Kat

I got tagged by a kitty Kat to tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of mine.

1> I hate throwing up, so I refuse to. I rather have diarrhea. (Don't click on the link if you don't want to read my diarrhea post! You've been duly warned.)

2> If I was on Survivor, I'd take a small shatter-proof mirror as my luxury item because I'm anal (ha!) about a clean nose and about food in my teeth. (A) I'm constantly checking/blowing my nose and invest regularly in Kleenex with lotion. (B) I've tried to relax about NOT checking my teeth because it makes David's eyes roll, but the two times I did, I found I had an obvious intrusion in my teeth AFTER talking with people face-to-face. I distinctly remember the last time was when chatting with my neighbor Clarice near the end of my pregnancy. Needless to say, I'm sticking to my compulsive ways.

3> I'm trying to grow out my prematurely gray hair. I want to see what it looks like long. I've never dyed my hair before, and I'm not sure yet if I ever will. Maybe I can make going gray cool? Maybe?
(I posted this confessional photo of my graying hair on Flickr about a year ago, and it got 451 views. Some people are just sick.)

4> I feel on the spot when people ask me to share a scary/embarrassing moment or personal quirks. (Ahem.) I just don't feel very interesting.

5> I don't like eating at the same restaurant twice. For the most part, I feel like "been there, done that." I do make exceptions for genuinely ethnic restaurants (Bombay House, La Dolce Vita, Thai Village, etc.) and for Olive Garden (lunch only). (Don't click on the Olive Garden link.)

6> I love throwing things away and regularly declutter. I'm always surprised about the amounts of stuff I get rid of each and EVERY time. Before you start rummaging through your husband's stuff, I'll have you know I am EXCELLENT about staying away from David's belongings; I wish he would weed them regularly though.

There you have it, six unspectacular quirks about me. And now your life is the same as it was before.

7 comments:

Chantille and Jaren said...

It was fun to read about your quirks, by the way, I am also a fan of La Dolce Vita as well.

Jen said...

hey..I'm with you on 5 and 6!...Your blogs are so fun to read...

Kat said...

Thanks for letting us know about your little "quirks". :) You are awesome! I love what you say about making gray popular. I started going gray on my mission, and thought I would never dye my hair. That was until someone came up to me and staring at my head, said, "YOU HAVE GRAY HAIR!" I promptly said (in my head of course) "You have tact!" Then went home from work that night and dyed my hair. LOL :) The things people drive us to do.....

Kristen said...

I still remember your fabulous lesson on decluttering and throwing things away (yes, that was forever ago). I try to do it, I'm not good at it, but it's my official goal for tomorrow.

You and Ben would NOT be good dinner companions together. He picks a few favorites and those are the only places we go to. Occasionally I convince him that we should go elsewhere. I don't care too much though. I'll eat anything. =o)

James and Heather English said...

Where were you at book club last night?! I was so disappointed not to hear you interject with your hilarious make fun of twilight banter!
As for the post, I am also a definite thrower of things, and HATE throwing up! See, we have more in common than you thought. :)

Adhis said...

Kristen-- I only remember I taught that lesson when I drive past the homes of some of the ladies who objected to throwing things out. I was still new in the ward then and only after later seeing their open garages and stepping into their homes did I realize their objections ran deep. Way deep.

I've learned in my 56 years that personal timing is crucial, so I don't push my good intentions on people anymore.

Heather-- I was hiding behind the table lamp. My feelings were really hurt that no one was talking to me. Maybe I was hiding too well.

I was totally planning on coming (complete with fang marks on my neck) but I was LeFreakExhausted by the time 7:30 rolled around, so I got ready for bed.

Amy said...

Heard you were called as a Visit teacher supervisor! I need to get with you soon to let you know all your info! I will FOR SURE call you this week and we will set a time! Yea!