Custom Search

Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Little Peek Into My Head

Whilst lying in my sickly delirium this morning, my mind wandered to a place in the wooded rural. I was sitting on the porch of a tin-roofed shanty when a country doctor walked up the dirt road to my property and yelled "Adhis! I'm here to help youuuu!"

"Go away," I yelled and picked out a red apple from a metal bucket of apples next to my rickety wooden chair. I stood up and launched the apple at the man, hitting him in the forehead and sending him into a comical slump on the ground. He picked himself and his worn leather doctor's bag up and ran off my property.

The next day, I was sitting on the porch of my little house again. The same doctor walked up the dirt road to my property and yelled, "Adhis! Let me help youuuu!"

"Leave me alone!" I yelled, picked up a red apple from the bunch and hurled it at the doctor's head, sending him backwards onto the ground and his legs flying up. Dazed, he got up, picked up his bag, and staggered off the property.

Tell me, what's the moral of this story?


Update:
The moral of the story is "An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but only if you can hit him hard enough with it."

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Well going along with the music, I would say the moral is you don't need a dog when you have Adhis with apples.

But on a more serious note, I think it means you are very independent and you like to do everything on you own.

Amy said...

I would say an apple a day keeps the doctor away??

chelon:) said...

i am going to have to go with...you are a bit psycho!!!

in all honesty, when i am prego and nursing, the dreams that i have are crazy and all too weird. i love it!!!

Kikibug said...

Amy very clever... I didn't even think of the apple a day keeps the doctor away.
But I have to go with Chelon, you are just psycho... hahahaha
No I think you are just being stubborn and independent as well and not wanting to go to the doctor.

Nathalie Smith said...

I immediately thought of an apple a day keeps the doctor away, just like your friend Amy.

I always knew you were crazy though!

Amannda Ashby said...

Ok, I wanted to leave my comment before reading others, so this may be repeatitive. To me the moral of this story is: Many people think of doctors as individuals who "know everything". You are content with you life (your little house and rocking chair) and have no need of help from others. Your are one of those independent, self reliant kind of individuals!

Adhis said...

Ok, I updated the blog entry with the moral. At least, that was the moral when my mind wondered how the phrase came to be. But now, after reading y'alls comments, I'm psychoanalyzing myself. Do I have control issues?? Don't answer that unless I tell you too!!

;)

mom adhis said...

Iam your mom and I can answer that. But I won't. I want to continue to be your mom (he-he). Then I am just as crazy, as I was thinking about the apple I would have invited the Doctor to eat the best apple (probably including the worm in it).
I do agree with Jenn you like to do things on your own as much as you can.

Kristen said...

I think I saw that doctor today. I'll tell him you're not so bad after all.