Custom Search

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Service Bingo

The women in our ward played Service Bingo at the park tonight. There were enough treats at the activity to put a few cavities in any sweet tooth. (Hopefully, we haven't ruined Heather's good luck!)

Each woman donated a service into a bucket. We then set up our game by filling our bingo cards with the names of sisters who satisfied the category in each block of the grid. (We had to get a little creative on a few categories.) The MC then called the names of attendees by drawing their names out of a name bucket, and we marked the names on our cards using Skittles (mostly orange, green, and yellow ones since I had moved through the candy piles on the table like a red-and-purple-Skittles anteater). As each sister got bingo on her card, she dipped her hand into the service bucket and fished out one of the services donated for a prize. I donated the choice of a "Welcome Mat" cleaning (cleaning the front door, porch, steps, window, etc.) or Window Washing. I won a housecleaning by a new sister in the ward who is one month away from giving birth! I may have her re-shingle the roof while she's at it.

Aaaah, it was very refreshing to (1) be outside and (2) chat with other women. I lengthened the loveliness of the day by staying late with a handful of others procrastinating their return home.

Well... I am tired now and am having trouble forming sentences, so that's all I have to say about tonight's activity... except I would have loved taking more photos, but I was too busy eating the red and purple Skittles off the table.

Good night!

8 comments:

Kat said...

This looks like it was so much fun. I was so sad to miss it. However, we went to go see my nephew up at Primary Children's. So, that was good too. Maybe they'll do it again. :)
Maybe it's a good thing that I wasn't there cause I would have had to fight you for those red and purple skittles. He he he.

Heidi said...

It was so fun. I'm proud to say that I could sign for anything on the entire right-hand column. (Family in Idaho, preschooler, loves chocolate, plays the piano, been to Eurpoe). I love your eye level skittle picture. It took me a second to figure out what it was. I was thinking, "When did we play with balls?" Duh.

Aubrey said...

Darn the nasty cold in the middle of the summer!! I was really looking forward to coming...

Sara Lynes said...

I have to tell my RS pres about this! I love this idea. We are going to have end of the summer barbeque and this would be a great activity. You never know who will become a great friend until you are given the opportunity to serve.

islandgirl said...

You sneaky camera woman, LOL! Love the skittle pictures, I regret not grabbing more red ones before they were dumped too! Glad you got to stay and chat afterwards!

James and Heather English said...

Thanks for making me laugh a lot and stealing all the red skittles from me. I can't wait for you to cash in on your service. I have a sneeking suspicion it might not ever happen...you'll have to let me know about that!

Kristen said...

Eeeww! PURPLE Skittles? Ew! Red are my favorite, followed by orange, yellow, green, and... That's pretty much it. Looks like a fun game. What service did I win?

Pays said...

Hello, This is Lori from the old S.P 9th ward. I found your blog from Sara's. Long time no see, huh? We have a blog as well, payday-pays.blogspot.com