Custom Search

Monday, April 14, 2008

Ready, Freddy?

Five weeks y’all!

I get asked often “Are you ready to be done with it?” and the answer is *NO! I’m not ready yet!* I’m just NOW starting to prepare for a baby to come live with us.

My dear sister has lent me a couple bags of various-sized baby clothes, a swing, a bassinet, and a Boppy. A friend of ours made us a great quilt with “Baby Adhis” stitched on it. We had planned on getting the baby a cowgirl hat and strapping her to Indy’s back for neighborhood walks, but since my mom got us a car seat and stroller, I GUESS we’ll follow the herd and use those instead. My mother-in-law got us some onesies and a baby monitor. (With the monitor, we’ll never need a babysitter! E-VER!) Is there anything else a baby needs?

Yesterday, I bought a 40-pack of diapers and that should last us a couple months. So, what I’ve bought for our sweet baby is a crib, a dresser, and a pack of diapers. I think I’m set!

The crib and dresser FINALLY arrived. (Thank you to our great home teacher for helping us bring it home on Friday!) The shipping boxes for the crib were huge! I could walk in them without having to hunch over. It took longer to move the boxes and shipping material out of the house than it did to set the crib up.

[Here's a photo of the nursery so far. The nursery colors are tan, beige, and coral.]

The only snag was that the furniture ended up being larger than we thought they'd be and take up more space in the small room I chose for the nursery. We had planned on having a crib, dresser and a rocker in the nursery, but the dresser did not fit along the wall we had chosen, so we had to rearrange the room. Now there’s no room for a rocker (or anything else really) so we’re discussing an alternate plan. We’re going to build a deck just out of the baby’s second-story window and put the rocker there along with a Hanna Montana gas grill and a kiddie pool. Well, that’s the plan I proposed, but it yet needs to be approved by the HOA and the Husband. I don’t think the HOA will be a problem.

For now, I’ll focus on hanging something on the walls. Maybe. I’ve still got a WHOPPING 5 weeks left.

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh Adhis! You are hysterical! Cute baby room! We never did much decorating with Hailey. Good luck on the homestretch!!

Brooke said...

I love the nursery, those are great colors. How are the techniques going getting the baby out of the bassinet? Are you still practicing?

Adhis said...

Oh yes! I'm finding that it's easier to grab the doll by her hair. My baby better have lots of hair...

Kristen said...

You may need to have a talk with somebody about how many diapers you'll be using... =o)

I have a vinyl sticker that says "My prince has arrived and his name is Daddy." It's pink, not coral. Do you want it, to put on the wall?

That's a bummer about the rocker. It's a pretty handy piece of equipment. I'd call it equipment rather than furniture. The nursury is looking great!

Adhis said...

That's a cute saying! However, for now, we're steering away from all things alluding to princesses. We're anti-establishment like that.

Thanks for offering.

Kristen said...

Who said anything about princesses? This is the PRINCE, silly. =o) Aren't you glad I asked before I gave it to you? And there's no way I can compare to the beautiful quilt in your picture so there goes that idea. What do you get for the girl who has everything? JK. I have ideas so don't give me any, it will spoil the surprise.

Sunni said...

Adhis you are hilarious. I LOVE that picture from your feet's perspective. Why haven't I ever thought of that? That needs to be enlarged, and framed, and hung in your living room.

chelon:) said...

what a great nursery...i love the colors. you didn't want to do bright orange like my girls room??? oh right...you want her to be able to sleep :)

Summer Adams said...

Soooo cute. you need some vinyl lettering :) i can hook you up!