Custom Search

Monday, March 24, 2008

Hell Bunny

On Sunday, we had my family over for dinner. We celebrated Easter along with the birthdays of my BIL Hunter (whose birthday is today) and my sweetie David (whose birthday is on Friday).

My sister made a large and delicious ice cream cake. I thought it would be a good idea to put the appropriate number of candles for each of the birthday boys.

Three people lit the candles, and before we were even halfway through our task, the smoke alarm was beeping wildly. Candles began to unite their flames and I yelled “Quick! Everybody sing!”

We sang a rushed and panicked version of "Happy Birthday To You" while the smoke alarm chimed in.



Holy Smokes!

I wish I had taken an eye-level photo of the cake which would have resulted in a portrait of Hell Bunny being surrounded by flames. But I was just too preoccupied with the growing fire.



Happy Easter everyone! Hope it was smoke-free!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah I'm surprised you can't think more creatively while your house is on fire!

I managed to girl-ize my blog, come tell me what you think! A bit busy maybe but I like the colors. I'm expecting Adhis honesty, although I might delete the comment if it's too insulting. =o) I hate to admit how long it took me to figure it all out.

Kat said...

Fire, fire! :) Get the fire extinguisher!

We're Wingin It said...

That is hilarious. I was thinking Hell Bunny was going to be some kind of rage against the evil pagan influence of the Easter Bunny? I'll have to remember not to light 60 candles in one small area of cake.