Custom Search

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Introducing the Hunny (guest writer)

Every so often you get to read a little bit Adhis; well, HunnyPot would like to occasionally post a little bit a-that. I’m not sure WHY … so I will be surprised right along with you all.

You may have noticed to your right that there are now two contributors to this blog: Adhis and Utah Dave. Because of his willingness to reveal his name online, I no longer need to keep referring to him as HunnyPot, unless he really hates it! ::wink::

With hair on his face and Without: SAME GUY!

I don’t know how often or about what he’ll blog, so let me set the record straight before his first post.

1. What is your husband's name?
Well, we’ll just call him Utah Dave or David on this blog. Sometimes I will refer to him as Hunny, HunnyPot, HoneyBuns, PumpkinHead, and Orejas.

2. How long have you been married?
7 years so far

3. How did you meet?
I was working for the Census Bureau in 2000 and David was one of those slackers who did not fill out a census form, so I was sent out to conduct the census interview. He thought I was cute; I thought he was a little creepy.

4. How long did you date?
No clue. I cannot remember what month I met him. 3 months maybe?? He kissed me August 2, 2000 and that’s when I decided to date him exclusively.

5. Who eats more?
That’s hard to say.

6. Who said 'I love you' first?
I did. We were making out on the couch at his apartment and I accidentally said it. Fortunately, I had whispered it and he didn’t hear me because I was Le’SHOCKED I had said it. I had a quick little internal chat with myself and realized that I indeed loved him, so I said it again a little louder. He stopped kissing me and his little face lit up; he was so overjoyed! Very sweet.

7. Who sings better?
:::grin::: He does, but he sounds like Roy Orbison, and I don’t enjoy Roy Orbison. But I love that he likes serenading me.

8. Who is taller?
At 6’3½”, he is exactly a foot taller than me.

9. Whose temper is worse?
MINE!! Now, shut up!

10. Who does the laundry?
I do; He will on rare occasion.

11. Who does the dishes?
He does. He’s in charge of the kitchen. I will occasionally when he has been too busy or is out of town.

12. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
I do, but we sometimes switch it up; Like now, because the left side of the bed is closer to the bathroom and I’m pregnant.

13. Who does the cooking?
I do, though, he will happily cook a meal or two a week if I ask him to. He is much more creative than I. He will actually go through a cookbook and pick something we have never eaten, get the ingredients, and happily experiment!

14. Who is more stubborn?
I AM and I’m sticking to it!

15. Who proposed?
While overlooking the valley, he read to me part of his patriarchal blessing describing his marriage and family. I didn’t know he was proposing at the moment but I thought “if I stick with this guy, I’ll make it into the Celestial Kingdom!” When he actually popped the question, I exclaimed “YES YES YES!”

16. Whose parents do you see the most?
Mine.

17. Who pays the bills?
We set it on automatic so neither of us has to really do it. We have a budget meeting once a month to see if anything needs re-adjusting.

18. What does he like to do?
Computer programming, computer videogaming with his buddy, playing with our dog Indy, NAPPING, watching movies, water sports when he has the chance, and rooting for BYU.

19. Who wears the pants in the family?
I do. But he's the one who takes them off. (HA!)

20. Why do you love your husband?
He is sweet, tender, loving, compassionate, generous, playful, cuddly, intelligent, common-sense, spiritual, and a calming force in my life. He is God’s love incarnate, personalized just for me.



Now you know a little about Hunny-- er, I mean, David.

1 comment:

Kristen N said...

That was fun to read! Ben and I have always enjoyed being around the two of you because you're such a loving and fun couple. It's amazing how hard that is to find in friends. Thanks for saying nice things about each other and pretending that you're happy to be in the same room together. =o)

I'm sure Dave will make great contributions. -Now I can say his name too, right? Hunnypot never worked for me... Dave is more fitting.